Board of Education - Goals
- Foster a positive relationship between the Board, the Superintendent, and the Tully School Community by:
- Developing and utilizing individual BOE member’s expertise through Board sub-committees.
- Communicating regularly with all BOE members through TAG and at BOE meetings, and communicating via e-mail/text when emergencies arise.
- Communicating regularly with the Tully community through the Knight Insight, the District webpage, BOE meetings, and public forums/hearings.
- Refining the financial reports the BOE uses to provide short-term and long-term financial oversight of the District.
- Ensure that all Tully students have access to an aligned and rigorous academic program, focused upon student growth, by:
- Using benchmarking assessments, such as AIMSweb and Fountas & Pinnell, to monitor students’ academic growth in grades K-8.
- Using grade distribution data to identify areas of program strength and weakness in grades 6-12.
- Refining K-8 curriculum maps to ensure they contain common elements and are aligned with current learning standards.
- Aligning science and social studies curricula to meet NYS learning standards, and developing an understanding of newly adopted NYS ELA, math, art and health learning standards.
- Ensure that all Tully students have opportunities to engage in learning beyond the classroom by:
- Ensuring that the co-curricular clubs we have created over the past
three four years become more firmly established within the school culture.
- Exploring ways to more effectively collaborate with the Tully Free Library and the Town of Tully Recreation Program.
- Exploring ways to more effectively use Activity Period.
- Exploring additional athletic mergers/combinations.
- Ensure a safe and healthy school culture for all Tully students by:
- Standardizing district-wide implementation of our Code of Conduct.
- Utilizing Pride survey results to guide support services at the JSHS.
- Implementing the Positivity Project at the ES and the JSHS.
- Developing capacity to effectively use Navigate Prepared as a staff development and communication tool.
- Cultivate a professional learning community amongst the faculty and staff by:
- Implementing a transparent APPR process, focused upon immediate feedback and reflection, for teachers, teaching assistants, administrators, and other professionally certified staff.
- Establishing Superintendent’s Conference Day Agendas 6-12 months in advance of scheduled days, and utilizing participant survey responses to improve professional development offerings and to fine tune the agendas.
- Utilizing the expertise of our part-time Technology Integration Specialist.
- Ensure that our facilities are adequate to meet the learning needs of all Tully students by:
- Executing the 2018 Capital Project.
- Executing a Capital Outlay Project.
- Scoping out a 2021 Capital Project.
- Improving ongoing cleaning and maintenance processes.